Friday, March 11, 2011

Kobe's Work Ethic

I don't know how Kobe does it.

The Lakers lost a close one to the Heat last night, and Kobe decided to stay after to work on his shot and his game. He practiced for 80 minutes (article here). It was his third workout of the day.

I just got back from the CCRB after shooting around for around an hour. As expected, I started off pretty cold, but I soon started hitting all the shots I wanted to. My free throws were basically all going in. I actually made 4 corner three's in a row. I was hitting my jump shots. I felt pretty good, and thought to myself "I don't need to practice any more. I'm already pretty good."

And then I thought about Kobe. This guy is a 6-time NBA champion, a USA gold medalist, and has been the best player in the game for the last few years. And he practices harder than I ever would. He stayed after, and said "I just wanted to work on some things; I just wanted to work on my game." Kobe isn't content with where he is. Granted, it was after a loss, but still. Then there's this short Asian kid who shoots around for a little bit and think he's all boss and the top of the world, while Kobe is still trying to improve his game. Incredible. Kobe's drive is what makes him so great.

Desmond Howard tweeted: "This is Y I have so much admiration for Kobe as a professional athlete. http://yfrog.com/h3hdvyjj. His professional focus is unmatched" (here) and "Kobe put himself through a 1.5hr workout after every1 left the arena. http://twitpic.com/48cen3. He's not THAT GUY by accident. #DEDICATION" (here) So. True.

Where does this drive come from?! I don't know how Kobe does it...

[This all, of course, can be applied to more spiritual things , but I won't do so in this post]



Also, here's why I love the Lakers (written a while ago).


Why I Love the Lakers 

No comments:

Post a Comment