Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Slacking in 270

In EECS 270 lab today, I slacked off..majorly. I did maybe an hour of work and then just youtube-surfed for the rest of the lab. Here's what I watched:

Wedding Dress Music Video
For some reason, Asian pop songs and dramas are so much more emotional to me than American ones. Maybe it's because I don't fully understand the language spoken, maybe it's because the girls are prettier to me. There's just something about it. This song, anyway, is heartbreaking. It's basically about a dude seeing the girl she loves getting married to another guy. This is my biggest fear. There's only one girl that I've ever truly loved, and I wonder how I'll feel at her wedding. I suddenly had an urge to reconnect with her, to make sure that I don't lose something great that could be.

My mom used to say that once she met Jesus, she had no more need for any of the love songs and romantic movies. I can see why. These emotions and desires and fears come from a lack of faith that God will provide. They are the flesh telling us to worry about tomorrow, that we could miss out if we don't follow our heart (or whatever lame corny lie that the world tells us).

I won't listen to that song again. It leaves me strangely discontent and fearful of the future. All I need to know is that Jesus will never leave me for anyone else. He will be with me always.

Soccer Highlights
I love sports. I can't get over it. Sports brings a passion that nothing else can bring out. Sports brings a unity between people that is unparalleled.

I love sports.

Hopefully I don't substitute sports for God.

FailBlog Videos
They never get old!



No comments:

Post a Comment