Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Oh How I Hate Ohio State!

I HATE Ohio State. I hate them with all of my being. I can't associate with anyone from OSU. Seeing someone from OSU just makes me angry. It has made me think: Do I hate sin as much as I hate Ohio State? I'm called not to hate others, but to hate the things that God hates. I tolerate my own sin much more than I tolerate Ohio State. Also, I tolerate the sin of others much more than I tolerate Ohio State. Sin doesn't make me angry. Sin doesn't make me fume. Even my hatred of oppression and injustice is often temporal and emotional, not a hatred that (to me) stems out of who I am, my entire being.

Hate itself is a sin, and to learn to hate sin, I need to learn to hate hating everything else. I can't hate Ohio State anymore. I can't hate Urban Meyer or Lebron James anymore. I'm called to something greater than that.

...And that's what I'm struggling with.


Funny Link of the Day:




Funny Picture of the Day:

No comments:

Post a Comment