Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Ravens, Chiefs, and the Future

Random Question: Why is it "chiefs" and not "chieves"?

Ravens offense to be feared
Ravens are going to be one of the scariest teams in the AFC next year. They picked up Anquan Boldin and Dante Stallworth and resigned Derrick Mason. If Stallworth can give them any sort of production (and not be a distraction for the team), this wide receiving corps, along with the versatile Ray Rice, is going to rip apart some AFC defenses.

Will the Steelers be able to keep up? They got an aging Antwaan Randle El, but I doubt he will be much of a difference maker. Will the Bengals be able to play another year of solid defense? I doubt it. And will the Browns ever find a decent quarterback? Sorry B.Quinn, that's not you!!!

Chiefs: the most underrated team in the AFC
The Chiefs grossly underperformed last year, but I expect them to pick it up this year with the acquisition of the leagues most underrated running back, Thomas Jones! I have an attachment to TJones because of his honorable production for me on my fantasy team a few years back in his last year on the Bears. This guy is the real deal. He's not flashy, but insanely productive. Sure, he's aging, but I'd take Thomas Jones over Larry Johnson or Jamaal Charles any day of the week. Chris Chambers resigned with the Chiefs, but they still need some better options for Cassell to throw to. If the Chiefs make some more good moves and draft well, I can see them being in the playoff race next season!

Thomas Jones, my man-crush.

The Future
Eliot Soloway is the best professor ever. As he says, "Never bet against technology." I am excited for the future. The future is going to be awesome. Will it live up to the hype? YOU BET IT WILL. Technology is moving faster than it ever has in the past. Just wait fifteen years, and all you thought was impossible will all of a sudden become a reality.

We are created to create. Man has been creating from the beginning of time. First (and most important) are children, but then comes culture, language, and art. Finally, technology (which is an art in itself). Pushing advances isn't playing God. Rather, it's fulfilling who we were meant to be: curious, creative, and enthusiastic about creation.

I am excited about the future. More on this in some future time.

Also, I love twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment