Sunday, September 14, 2014

Championship Press Conference

In our Joywok fantasy football league, some awesome members write news stories and press conferences for big events. I'm posting them here so they are public to all and are never lost. 

DECEMBER 24, 2013

David Du, manager of Infamous Bumpshead -
As your League Champion, I would like to take the time to thank the people who made this all possible.

Chalupa Batman, for proving to be a worthy adversary throughout the entire season and for knocking out Futt Bumblers in the semifinals, who I would have lost to otherwise. For this, I thank you.
The Pharma-niners, for trying as hard as you did in endlessly scouring the waiver wire. Your diligence forced me to stay on my toes. For this, I thank you.

Me Gronk You Long Time for giving my team its worst beatdown during the season. That bitter loss infused my team with a spirit of uncontainable vengeance. For this, I thank you.

Logan, for the rather epic season collapse, starting off 5-3 but ending with 4 straight losses sadly leaving you out of the playoffs. For this, I thank you.

And the rest of the league, for the easy wins and for beating up on each other.
A special shoutout goes to my core 4 starters of Tony Romo, AJ Green, Jamaal Charles, and Danny Woodhead for being the only reliable ones that went the whole distance. And to Rashad Jennings for being my most valuable pickup of the season by far. I don't think I had a team that particularly scared anyone, but when you have heart, that's all that matters.
It was a wild year - from winning my first 6 out of 7, to losing 4 out of my next 5, to turning it up big-time in the playoffs in rattling off 3 straight wins, I hope this can be a lesson to you all to never give up.
Until next year!

-- Written by David Du (Infamous Bumpshead)

No comments:

Post a Comment