Monday, June 17, 2013

ACL Post-Surgery Week 2

Today is the two week anniversary of my surgery. Since last Friday, I've been staying in my apartment with my Mom, and since there really hasn't been anything exciting or that different from my last post, I'll just update a bit about my progress.

Progress

Walking - I can walk much more normal now, and can walk a bit longer than I could last week, where I was basically only walking to the bathroom and back. 

Sitting - Kind of surprisingly to me, sitting has been more uncomfortable than I expected, and I can't seem to sit for more than an hour or two. I think its a combination of the compression of my tube socks on swelling and having my legs bent for a long time, but it's hard to say what exactly the problem is. I was expecting to return to work this week, but since I can't sit for long, I think I'm going to wait a bit more before I go to work.

What my scars look like right now

Some interesting bruising on my ACL leg

Hardships

Sleeping - I've had difficulty sleeping the last two weeks mainly because I move a lot in my sleep, and I wake up every time I shift positions because of the soreness of my knees. I wake up a few times a night, every two hours or so, moaning and groaning and shifting positions. It's pretty frustrating and annoying not being able to sleep well, but I make up my poor sleep with daily naps. 

Social Withdrawal - For an extrovert like me, being locked up in a room for two weeks isn't easy, even with my parents to keep my company. Having people over for Bible study this week and going to watch pickup were super exciting for me and provided a huge emotional lift. 


Watching friends playing ultimate

Next Steps

I'm going in for my two week checkup at the doctor's office tomorrow, and I'm hoping that I'll be cleared to drive and maybe not have to wear these fashionable yet annoying tube socks anymore. 

Tube socks for compression I've been wearing for the last two weeks.

Previous Posts

1 comment: