Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My Life in Fort Wayne - Tuesdays

It's kind of hard to believe, but I've already lived in Fort Wayne for 6 whole months. As with living anywhere else, I've developed a certain rhythm of life, and because most of you have no idea what I actually do in Fort Wayne, I thought it would be a good idea to do some short posts of what I actually do every day. So every day this week, I'm going to be posting a short blurb of what that day normally looks like.

Tuesday - Meijer Day

6:45 - 8:00 - Wake up, eat, do QT's, drive to work.
Tuesday mornings are usually my fastest mornings. Because I (usually) shower Monday nights after summer league, I don't need to Tuesday morning. I also don't usually pack lunch on Tuesdays, as I'll describe below.

12:00 PM - Cafeteria Salad Day
I try to buy lunch from the cafeteria minimally, but it's nice to just not have to pack lunch every day of the week, and I've determined that Tuesday will be my day to eat from the cafeteria. The main reason I started doing this is because I don't buy many fresh vegetables because I usually don't eat them fast enough before they go bad, and the company cafe has a pretty awesome salad bar. Pasta salad, chicken salad, olives, banana peppers, sunflower seeds, onions, green peppers, raisins, cranberries, and freaking amazing croutons. Random: I decided today that I'm going to bring my own bottle of salad dressing and keep it in the fridge here. It should make my salads much cheaper, and I'll be able to stuff more goodies into my paper boat.

Big, delicious salad I ate today for only $4.67. 

While I'm on the subject, I might as well describe what I normally eat for lunch. If you are reading this and you don't care about what I eat for lunch (if you are anyone but my mother), feel free to skip to the next, uninteresting section. I sometimes make mac and cheese and add some frozen vegetables and sriracha hot sauce onto it. Other times I eat a ghetto canned soup and crackers combo. Every once in a while, I bring in frozen vegatables along with a tv dinner and microwave them. I also often bring in leftovers from whatever I cooked the previous night, which often includes some hamburger/tuna helper or Rice-a-Roni, that I've added extra pasta and/or vegetables to.

6:00pm - Meijer Trip
This may surprise you, but I actually dread this weekly Meijer trip. This is mainly because I'm starving by the time I arrive at Meijer and I'm tortured by the piles of unattainable foodstuffs that I wish I could just open and stuff in my face. I always shop hungry (bad idea), but I usually keep a shopping list to try and keep myself focused. 

I'm also sorry to disappoint all of you there that I am unable to carry all my groceries into my apartment with only one trip. It's quite hard when you live alone and need to carry bags of food, along with soda and bottled water, while needing to close the trunk, lock the car doors, and unlock my apartment door. So between being excited to eat salad along with not being able to "one-trip" my groceries, that's two strikes against my manliness. Sorry to disappoint guys. Maybe this is why I'm still single.

[Random aside: I actually won't be making my weekly Meijer trip today because I was just notified that Sam's Club will be having an open house this weekend where non-members can go in and "try" the Sam's Club experience. I figure I'll just go blow my food budget over the weekend instead of today.]

7:30pm - Cook. Eat newly-bought snacks in a hunger-craze while cooking. Eat half of cooked meal due to previous superfluous consumption of snacks.

8:00pm - Bedtime - Relax.
Tuesday nights are my only completely free nights, so it's nice just to stay in, watch some TV, play some AOE, read some books, or just derp around on the internetz.

And there you go. That's my Tuesday. Probably the most "boring" day of the week, but whatever. Quiet nights are nice too.

Random: check out this sweet pennant I bought at Lids.com on clearance for only $2.00 with free shipping. Slickdeals win!

It's always nice coming home to a package at your door

My Life in Fort Wayne - Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment