Wednesday, May 11, 2011

First Day in Taiwan!

The bad (so far)

It is humid, very humid. Sweat everywhere. Stickiness everywhere.

I miss the internet. Like I said before, it's really like going to Amish country here.

I will miss the rest of the NBA playoffs.
I'm going to miss all of the finals. I'm going to miss watching the Heat self-destruct in close games. I'm going to miss watching the Grizzlies stun the Mavs. I'm going to miss it all. In fact, it's 10 in the morning here, and I just went on ESPN and the Grizzlies are playing. Weird. Time difference really can make you go crazy.

Man. I can't believe I'm going to miss all of the playoffs. Wah.

**EDIT: According to Wikipedia, I should be home in time for the Finals!!

This is so exciting. I should have looked it up before. But wow. I'm going to be here for three weeks, and the Finals won't even start until I'm back home? Praise God!

Also, my phone won't charge for some weird reason. Hope it's not broken, and hopefully I'll get a chance to upload some pictures.

The good

The food.
Needless to say, the food here is amazing and cheap. We've only had breakfast here, but it's just a taste of how amazing it's going to be. Lunch is in half an hour. I can't wait.

The language.
I love Taiwanese Mandarin. It's really beautiful to me, especially because all the Mando here is correct, without any of the unnecessary "R"s that poison the Mando of the Evil Country. I love listening to people speak Chinese that hasn't been contaminated with American accents or Communism.

Family Bonding!
When we're here, we always bond, just because we really don't have anyone else to turn to. I love making fun of Asian people with Iris and having our parents scold us for not behaving. I like the feeling of relying fully on our parents again, as Iris and I don't carry around cash. We get to ask our parents to buy things for us, which they usually do, and we don't need to spend our own money! It's like we're little children again!

Iris is Skyping with James right now. NEVERENDING GIGGLING.

2 comments:

  1. At least you can use blogspot.. it's banned in China. I had to use some trickery to post on my blog last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 你兒好兒!

    ReplyDelete